Rouen Health Innovation
At the centre of Rouen, near the public transport network, directly connected to the A28 (Lille-Calais-Bayonne) and the A29 (Amiens-Reims) motorways, Rouen Health Innovation is a tertiary and technological cluster dedicated to Health only one hour from Paris-La Défense.
On 6.2 hectares in the heart of the University Hospital campus, it provides a highly effective environment for the development of businesses in the field of Health (and well-being), providing them with direct access to an internationally recognized, high-level scientific network, connecting both chemistry-clinical medicine and biology.
Hosting your “health” project
Rouen Health Innovation welcomes and supports innovative companies in the Health sector (notably R&D activities):
- within Normandie Incubation (1.300 sq.m), including offices, workshops, laboratories, and equipment (launderette, storage room, cold room) and Seine Biopolis, a 2.400 sq. m business incubator and service centre of technological facilities, offices and laboratories. Located at the heart of the Rouen Health Innovation area in Rouen, near the CHU (Clinical Research at the Rouen University Hospital Centre) and the Medical and Pharmacy Faculty, its environment is favourable towards the stat-ups’ development. The business incubators benefits from dedicated services: physical and phone reception – secure accesses 24/7 – private parking lot – meeting room including one equipped with video conference facilities
- within buildings to be constructed representing a maximum of 31.000 sq. m floor space
Rouen Health Innovation, at the heart of an exceptional scientific environment
Rouen Health Innovation benefits from the dynamic of an exceptional environment. It is at the heart of an ecosystem made out of the Rouen CHU Hospital, the Medical and Pharmacy Faculty and many R&D laboratories gathered within the IRIB Biomedical Innovation and Research Institute, 2 Carnot
Institutes (CALYM and I2C), the Clinical Investigation Centre of the CHU/University and the Medical Training Centre (Simulation and Biomedical Method Practice Training Centre). The cluster also benefits from the CosmecticValley and PolePharma competitive hubs.
– 1st exporting region in the Health (and well-being) sector: 30.000 jobs, including 34 pharmaceutical production units for 8.500 jobs (8% of the national jobs)
– Regional Area of Health Profession Training: 13 schools – 1.800 students
– Medical and Pharmacy Faculties: 3.700 students – 135 researchers and teachers-researchers
– CHU: 1st regional employer
– Medical Training Centre: 90 training programs available
The employment area of Rouen gathers leaders from the Health sector such as Aspen, Ethypharm, Sanofi, J&J, Ovopharm, Fresenius Kabi, Aptar Pharma, and Valdepharm … but also biotech star-ups like Robocath, Angany Genetics, TF Chem, Holodiag, and Targedys …).
The support of your « Health » project
Rouen and its surrounding benefit from an entire collaborator network in order to support you in the development of your project. Rouen Normandy Invest suggests you to head in the right direction of collaborators from Rouen who will know how to answer your needs.
Two competitive clusters CosmeticValley and PolePharma, the pharmaceutical sector cluster, aim to develop the sector and support companies in their development and innovation. Two other clusters reinforce the business fabric: LSN unites logistics and specialized packaging protagonists and Glass Vallée, the cluster of glass bottle manufacturing.
The scientific network
A high level biomedical research –The stakeholders of certified biomedical research are currently gathered within the Research and Biomedical Innovation Institute (IRIB) of Rouen. The institute works around 4 lines of research:
- Genetics – Cancer – Immunology
- Cardiovascular – Nutrition
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Innovation – Valuation
Clinical Research at the Rouen University Hospital Centre (CHU) – In 2016, the Clinical Research and Innovation Delegation has registered 364 new studies, including 59 on oncology, 120 interventional (including 9 in routine care) and 226 non-interventional including 153 observational, 5 cohort and 1 register. The total number of ongoing studies in 2016 was 1.030 (including 53 observational, 5 cohort and 1 register). For more information.
University of Rouen – Research at the University of Rouen in the areas of Health is structured on 4 campuses(, structured) around the Clusters, faculties of Science and Technology, Medicine and Pharmacy, Computer Science and Information Processing and finally Innovative Life Sciences and Technologies (Rouen University and INSA). They are gathered within 2 Carnot Institutes (Calym for the lymphoma research and I2C for the chemical-biology).
Northwest France Cancer Research Cluster has 3 entities in Rouen: The Rouen (CHU) Hospital, the University and the Henri Becquerel Centre. The goal of the Northwest France Cancer Research Cluster is to accelerate the research / innovation / treatment cycle in the interest of patients, based on an approach of a care-research continuum and knowledge transfer for therapeutic applications. The Cancer Research Cluster works around 5 lines of research:
- Precision medicine on solid tumour
- Clinical and biological aspects of the B haematological malignancies
- Molecular imaging and therapeutic adjustment
- Cancer and neurosciences
- Cancers, individual and society.
Rouen Normandy Invest is at your disposal to make your establishment easier on the Rouen Health Innovation hub and help you find quickly answers adapted to your needs.